Wednesday, July 29, 2009

KPI & KRA

Key Performance Index (KPI) & Key Result Area (KRA) are adopted by the government public administration.

I supported such measure as far as management is concerned. If private sector and business sector have been practicing such system and moulded such skills amongst the employees, for public administration and NGO, it is undoubtedly to be imposed and implemented.

"You perfom you get paid" is the ultimate objective of the profit organisation.

For Non Profit Organisation (NGO) and public administration, it seems "people come people go"
kind of attitude to run the very loose entity.

KPI & KRA again are not a complicated management system to understand and practice.

When PM announced this system yesterday, a reporter called to ask me for 1-2 experts to elaborate about KPI and KRA. Since he mentioned "expert", I chose to recommend my good friend Lee Teck Meng of SMI Seceretary General.

Thereafter, I chat with Teck Meng, he did not answer to the reporter that I introduced, he was however recommend another friend of his..Mr. Tan ( because the reporter want to look for expert), I think I know Mr. Tan.

With this small interview as an example, I believe there are still many people think that KPI & KPA are "allien", similar to this reporter who supposed to "catch and interview" but he failed to do so...

Hence, he has failed the KPI & KRA......oops it is the live experience with the 1st encounter.

Similar to political bodies, there are always argument of who are doing what, when will it be completed.

Simple......

Task :

Objective Setting - Time To Complete - Action Plans - Implementation - Audit - Implementation- Audit - Implementation

No comments: