Friday, June 12, 2009

Salam Muhibbah - Masjid Tanah, Melaka




2990

I was in Masjid Tanah town for breakfast while on the way to Persisiran Balak Beach for the Seminar as guest speaker on 7.6.09. I was not there for at least 20 years.

I was very very surprised and excited to come to know that almost all the Chinese coffee shops are really "Muhibbah".

The Chinese shops are basically full of all races Malay, Chinese , Indian to dine in together.

The shops serve Chinese conventional drinks like Kopi, Teh , Milo,..........; Roti Canai sold by Malay makcik, Chicken Rice stall next to it.

Amazing ! I have not seen this for past at least 30 years besides in Sabah, Trengganu, Kelantan.

My family was running the coffee shops those days that we had "Muhibbah Scene" when I have personally witnessed this scenario when I was primary school in 70's.

I talked to the shop owner Mr. Chew and introduced my self and family with Hailam background. He affirmed that he is Hailam also. The conversation become even closer.

I have asked him about the muhibbah scene in his shop and Masjid Tanah. He said it is still common. I said even 25 years ago , Jasin has not seen this Muhibbah scene any more. I reckon Masjid Tanah can be one of the model town for Muhibbah.

I have idea of informing BN Youth about this excitement and may suggest we will come together to Masjid Tanah to pay all these people a great visit and creat awareness of Muhibbah for rakyat Malaysia.
I also have the idea of urging the Modern Kopitiam to create Muhibbah as their social responsibility as well as their selling point.
Salam Muhibbah from BN Youth !

No comments: