Friday, December 26, 2008

Mud Flood In East Java Indonesia / Banjir Lumpur Di Malang, Indonesia

I was in Malang, East Java Of Indonesia ( 1.5 hours from Surabaya) a few times since 2007. The last time was on 22 & 23/12/08.

I was with friends from China & M'sia observed the latest stage of this Natural Disaster or rather man kind disaster.

In 2007, when I was first visited the site. I observed the so called "Mud Foutain" has been shooting up by approx. 10 storey high from the earth. Mud leaking out from the holes into the nearby village caused evacuation of the villagers and munufacturers. I have a client's factory just 1km from the scene.

I was pretty disturbed in term of emotion that such disaster like lava from volcano eating up man shelter nearby and seemed no solution until today. I was even imagine that this mud flooding to Jakarta one day ?! Few hundred kms away ..... even I was joking this foutain side will become tourism spot one day.

It happened in my last visit. Villagers collect money when we decided to go nearer to see the scene. Peole were selling VCD abt the scene. We decided to bu 2 vcd but ancipated the vcds would not work well. It was true the vcds show few seconds and stopped. Co-incident or cheating ? Not sure.

My freinds who saw the spot were pretty disturbed with emotion.

Even someone say this is "Global Crime" with man -kind greed to find natural gas from the earth whichn caaused casulty to nature and man.










No comments: